Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Where him is?" and other recent Elijah-isms

The other night I was holding Elijah as he suffered through another coughing fit. It didn't matter what I did, I couldn't help him quit coughing: propped up on pillows, hold him in my arms, humidifier, cough syrup, warm fluids, nothing worked. I muttered a quick, "Lord, please help my baby."

Elijah said, "You talkin' to Jesus?"

"Yes, baby."

"But I not Jesus."

"I know, sweetheart," I replied. "I'm just praying to ask Jesus to help you quit coughing and feel better."

He promptly asked, "Where him is?"

I told him Jesus was in Heaven.

"No he not. He in here," he said tapping on his chest.

I told him that, yes, Jesus could live in his heart when he got bigger.

"But I big now!" he proclaimed.

I'm so excited that he wants Jesus to live in his heart already. He asks a LOT of questions about Heaven, where Jesus is, where people go when they die. He also asks to see my grandparents who are in Heaven. I told him that as long as Jesus is in his heart when he dies he will get to see everyone else who is in Heaven.

-----

Vonnie (aka Granny) brought over some Valentine's day gifts for Elijah the other day... a bag of candy, some new tennis shoes, some Veggie Tales toys from Papa Don, and a card with money in it. He grabbed the money and shouted, "MONEY!" He was so excited. He carried something small with him up the stairs to the living room, then turned around and proclaimed, "Hey, where's my stuff?!"

-----

Yesterday after Elijah's doctor appointment we went to CVS to get his antibiotic prescription filled. We pulled in the parking lot and he said, "What's this?" I told him it was CVS. He looked perplexed. I got him out of his seat and scurried into the store to get out of the freezing cold. "What's this?" he asked again. I told him that it was still CVS. "This not PBS kids," he replied adamantly. After I laughed, I explained that it was C - V - S, not PBS. "Oh, well I like PBS kids." Me, too, buddy.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these tidbits of my grandson...they bring tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete