Sunday, February 14, 2010

More Elijah-isms

Just a few minutes ago...

I had asked Jason a question. He didn't hear me, so I repeated it a little bit louder. He answered and sounded really grumpy. Elijah asked, "What's wrong?"

"Daddy's acting grumpy," I said.

He responded quite concerned, "Him want a paci?"

-----

A little while later, I was sitting here updating facebook. Eli walks over.

"Hey, Baby. Look at your pretty shoes!" he exclaims excitedly! I am loving this age.

Just FYI... my pretty shoes are my 5-year-old brown Birkenstock slip-ons. :) (Side bar here... I ran to Taco Bell a while ago to get our dinner. I had picked Zaxby's for lunch; Jason picked Taco Bell for dinner. Quite the romantic Valentine's Day. Anyway... I thought, "I'll just keep my pj's on, put on my Birkenstocks, and run to Taco Bell. Surely I won't have to get out of the car for anything." Well, I went through the drive-thru, which took forever, got my food, and was sitting there counting all the items. The lovely woman at the window grumbled, I guess she thought I wouldn't hear her, "Aw, come on lady." I pulled forward, continued counting the food, and realized they'd left out the chips to go with the nacho cheese and my order of cinnamon twists. So what did I have to do? Yep. Get out of the car in my black pj pants with neon polka dots, my Heritage Middle School coat, and my brown Birkenstocks with white socks. Hey, maybe the "What Not to Wear" people were watching and will nominate me for a makeover. And at least the girl inside gave me an extra order of cinnamon twists.)

No comments:

Post a Comment