Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day


Tomorrow's the day that the male of our species, young and old alike, have been dreading for the past 364 days. V-DAY! I feel kinda bad for them. I mean, nobody really makes snide remarks about a woman who doesn't get her man a gift for the day. However, if a man forgets, he better watch out, not only for the slighted love interest but her friends as well. Is it fair? I don't know; I have mixed feelings. The generous side of me says, "No, it's not fair. Couples should plan their Valentine's day together." The side of me that likes to be spoiled, on the other hand, says, "Heck, yes, it's fair. Women do so much for the men in their lives... everything from giving birth to keeping the house running." So which side is going to win? Well, this year the generous side of me is ruling. Jason and I are planning together. Sort of. Every time I ask him what he wants to do (including just over an hour ago) he says, "Whatever you think is best." So does that mean that if I think it's best to take a trip to the beach, it's okay? Or maybe I think a new diamond ring is best. Hmmm.... the possibilities are endless. I could make reservations at Ichiban (one of our favorite restaurants) except that you have to eat with total strangers. Not really romantic, huh? We were gonna eat at the Station House at the Choo-Choo but they're not open on Sundays. Who'd a thought? I am officially stuck. I think I'll call P. F. Chang's and Bonefish, two of our other favorites, and see if they have spots available at a reasonable hour. Then maybe I'll get in touch with my inner poetess. :) Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment