Saturday, February 27, 2010

What's the difference?

Yesterday was a long day to end an even longer week of teaching 8th graders. By the time I left school at 3:45 to go pick up ElijahI could barely keep my eyes open. I yawned incessantly and found it very difficult to focus on the job of driving. However, thanks to Elijah telling me "Watch out for that car/truck/mailbox" all the way home and thanks to God's protection, we made it home safely. We let the dogs out, got the mail out of the box, and went upstairs. That's when I decided it was time to make a pot of coffee. I normally don't drink caffeine past noon or at the very latest 2 or 3 because it keeps me awake that night; this, on the other hand, was an emergency. I had to keep Elijah entertained for a few hours until it was time to meet Daddy to do some furniture shopping and eat dinner w/ his parents. Granny (Jason's mom) arrived around 5:30 and I started getting Elijah and myself ready for dinner. I was changing Elijah into some blue jeans and I said, "I'm so sleepy." His response was, "I not sleepy. I just tired." I'm not sure what the difference is but he sure sounded confident.

Today he made another comment that cracked me up. I couldn't laugh at him though. He was experiencing a little bit of "intestinal difficulty" and told me, "Mommy, my poo poo hurting my bottom. You need to spank it!" It took every ounce of self control not to laugh at him because he was in tears. I just rubbed his belly until everything felt better. Then we went and changed a pull up. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment