Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Graveyard Shift

Yesterday as Elijah and I were making our way from my parents' house in Lookout Valley back to our house in Ringgold, we decided to make a stop at Bojangle's in Fort Oglethorpe. The thought of fried chicken, mac 'n cheese, and french fries was too much to resist after a long morning of house work. I cut through East Ridge and was driving past the Lakewood Memorial Gardens. Elijah piped up in the back seat: "See all those flowers? I used to work there."

"Really?" I asked. "What did you do there?"

"Well," he said. "There were toys."

I was really curious. "So there were toys at that cemetery?"

"Yep. And yogurt and cheese and computers."

Oddly enough, those are four of his favorite things. I do hope he ends up doing something he loves as a job when he's older. But I can't imagine wanting to work in a cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment