Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jingle Bells & Old MacDonald

Elijah loves music. This has been evident since early in his life. Even as early as in-utero. He would "dance" in my tummy and use my bladder as his kick drum.

Well, now that he's old enough to memorize lyrics, he loves music even more. We listen to his "Bible songs" in the car pretty much daily. This is helping him increase his singing ability as well as his knowledge of Bible verses. However, the child's musical interests are not limited to the religious.

His newest favorite bedtime ritual includes me, a stuffed Elmo, and a fluffy stuffed dog (appropriately named Sally Fluffy Puppy). I hold Elmo and SFP off to the sides of Elijah's bunk bed, make them peek around the edges at him, and then they enter to sing and dance. A few weeks back Elmo and SFP (aka, Mommy) sang "Jingle Bells" for him. Deciding to be funny, I changed the lyrics to: "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Granny got a gun. Shot me in the underwear, and boy did I run."

Elijah quickly corrected me and said, "No, Mommy. That's not it. This is how it goes: 'Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells. Jingle all the way. Old MacFarmer had to ride in a one-horse open sleigh."

It took me several "re-sings" before I figured out what he was saying in place of "oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh." Once I did, I told Jason. He said, "You've got to add that to your blog." And now I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment