Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vacation 2010 - Day 3

Day 3, today, Tuesday, June 15

Awoke early again thanks to Eli's internal alarm clock that goes off between 7:30 and 7:45 pretty much every day. Looked outside to see that it was in fact another beautiful clear day.

Elijah and I ate a small breakfast, Honey Nut Cheerios and fruit. I showered and got both of us ready for the beach. We were ocean front by 9:30 A.M. Jason didn't join us until approximately an hour later at which point he and Elijah went up to the lazy river and kiddie pool while I enjoyed a little "quiet/me" time on the beach with a few thousand of my closest friends. :)

We headed back in at noon for lunch, showers, and naps. While Elijah slept, I decided to go to Walmart to get us some cheap beach chairs (figured it was cheaper to buy 2 we can keep for $20 than what it would cost to rent chairs for the rest of the week), laundry detergent and fabric softener, and snacks. Evidently, while I was gone, Elijah woke up to find Jason napping with him instead of me. This didn't go well. When I got back hauling all my purchases from the parking lot across the street, through the parking garage, up the elevator and down the hall way, I found Eli sulking in the living room chair while he and Jason watched Dinosaur Train on PBS. "He just threw one of the worst fits I've ever seen," Jason reported. I asked what happened. "He woke up and you weren't here." I asked Eli if that was all it was. He nodded a sulky "yes" and threw his arms around me. Bless his heart. He is his mama's little man.

So I got him to lie back down for a while. As of now, he's been asleep for another hour or so. We'll see how long it lasts. More later.

------

Once Elijah woke up we decided to go eat dinner. We chose Friendly's to eat b/c their online menu looked pretty basic and yummy. Elijah had been asking to play mini golf so we went to the one right across the street. What we failed to notice when we bought our tickets was that the line of people in front of us was approximately 20-30 people. We got a rain check to come back at a less congested time. So we went back to the condo and took Eli to the beach in the dark. He thought that was prett cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment