Monday, January 19, 2009

My Family

Okay, so now that I've told what I want in a family eventually, I'll tell about the family I have right now.

Jason and I met in August of 1995 at Mission Ridge Baptist Church. He was the nephew of a lady who already attended our church. She had asked me to pray for her nephew several months earlier, that the Lord would save him. I did and He did. Cool, huh? Anyway... once Jason got saved, he started visiting different churches. He ended up at Mission Ridge with his aunt and his mom. I am eternally grateful! We became friends quite quickly and spent a lot of time together going to concerts and plays for my school classes. By Thanksgiving of that year we were dating. The rest, as they say, is history. We've been together ever since, just over 13 years. He really is an incredible person if for no other reason than he puts up with me. And let me tell you, that's no easy task.

Then there's our son Elijah. He is without a doubt the best "thing" I've ever done with my life. He is a wonderful mix of his daddy and me, both in looks and personality. He can light up a room with his grin, wipe away stress with a hug around my knees, and bring me to tears with his sweet cuddles goodnight. I do hope the Lord blesses us with at least one more child who is as sweet and wonderful as "little E." The poor kid will have a big reputation to live up to.

And that's my family. The Newsome Three.

No comments:

Post a Comment