Sunday, January 18, 2009

The family

I love big families. There was a time that I hated being the youngest of five kids; now, however, I am so thankful for my large family. Eventually, I hope to have more children of my own. I don't want Elijah to be lonely as he grows up or when he's older. Some of my fondest memories are from large family gatherings when I was a child and since I've become an adult. Hours spent playing board games, drinking sweet tea, and eating cracker candy or cookies. Days spent camping at a state campground out west. Weekends spent with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I don't want Elijah to miss any of those experiences. Even though most of my siblings are scattered around the country and globe now, I still love our occasional get togethers. It is so fun to watch all the little cousins playing together after being apart. In short, I guess family is one of my favorite things. Hopefully, the Lord will bless me with at least one more child so Eli doesn't grow up alone and so he gets to have the full family experience. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment