Saturday, March 13, 2010

When I'm Big

Elijah and I were talking the other day... It was a Friday afternoon and we were on our way home from his babysitter's house.

"What we doin' next?" he asked. I told him we had to do some housework when we got home so we could play. "Okay, I help you."

"Well, thank you," I replied. "I'll clean the bathroom and you can clean your playroom."

"But I wanna help you in the potty," he protested. I tried to explain that he was too little to help clean the bathrooms because of the strong cleaners. "But I a big boy already."

"Yes, honey, you are a big boy. But you have to be much bigger before I let you help in the bathrooms. Okay?" To be honest, I was thrilled he wanted to help clean. This could work out good for me in the future.

"Maybe when I get this big [at which point he held up his hand as high as it would go] I can help you."

"Yes, dear," I said with a grin.

"And I can be a daddy, too, when I get that big."

I told him he could get married and be a daddy when he gets much, MUCH bigger.

He asked me quite seriously, "Do I need a ring first?" I told him that yes he would need a wedding ring. "Can it be a Spider Man ring?"

I laughed and responded, "You can definitely tell your sweetheart that you want your wedding ring to be a Spider Man ring, honey."

"Okay, Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment